Much faster extinguishing
By using several Fognails this new technique will help firemen get quicker control of the fire. Since you don’t have to open doors or windows or make a hole the in the roof, you will not get unwanted oxygen supply, which would increase the intensity of the fire.
The extinguishing will be fast thanks to the atomized fog getting to the hottest part of the fire. The atomized drops make nearly all the water vapourize. The more water that is vapourized – the faster and more effective the extinguishing.
The higher degree of vapourization requires extra caution when it is synchronized with indoor firefighting.
Should the building go up in flames or alt in the event of an explosion, the risk of personal injury will be much lower since you will always have a wall or a roof between you and the fire.
Water damages highly reduced
When you direct water, into the hottest part of the fire, in form of atomized water fog you get an almost complete and instant vapourization. Every fog jet uses only 70 litres of water a minute at 8 bar water pressure. The very fast extinguishing combined with a low water consumption reduces the water damages to an absolute minimum.
A fire in an open attic
The fire has not gone through the roof
- Punsch in your Fognail Restrictor where you judge the fire to be most intense at gaps of 5-7 meters and 1,5 m from the top.
- When the Fognails have been punched in and begin to disperse water, it is the duty of the fireman who regulates the flow of water from branch hoses or engine to be attentive to the house.
- If the smoke is black or yellowish the Fognail must be open.
- When the smoke is getting white it is time to shut the Fognail.
- This will normally take 15-20 seconds. Then shut the Fognails for 1-2 minutes. The open them for 10-12 seconds. Then shut the Fognails again for 1-2 minutes.
- Continue with extinguishing according to the interval sequence above until the BA firefighter can do the final indoor extinguishing.
The fire has gone through the roof
- Form a fire break in the open attic by making a dense fog curtain. You will use your Fognail Attack and Fognail Restrictors as shown above. Then look for any small fires behind the fire break, during the extinguishing process.
- You might also want to hose water onto the segment of the roof where your Fognails are placed, and even behind the fire break to make absolutely sure that the fire will not spread under the tiles of that very line.
- If the roof has more than one layer, 1 meter of the roof from the top down to the eaves must be rmoved on either side of the roof where the fire break is to be made. This area is to be hosed from outside.
- Under no circumstances must the fire cross the fire break. Therefore the Fognails must be open until you are sure that the fire has diminished. In this case there will be water damages below the fire break.
A fire in a furnished attic
The fire has not gone through the roof
- To extinguish a fire in a furnished attic you must reach all areas of the fire.
- The uppermost Fognail is punched in 1 meter from the top of the roof.
- The next Fognail is punched in at the upper end of the window and the last Fognail 1 meter from the gutter.
- The possible fire areas below the top of the roof and at the lower and are smaller areas so the Fognails are to be open 5-8 seconds. And shut for 1-2 minutes.
- Continue with extinguishing according to this sequence. Be observant to the smoke’s appeance.
A fire in the gables of the house
- The fire can also be put out from the gables of the house. In that case choose the Fognail Attack for the hidden areas.
Ramification of the branches of the Fognail.
On a flat roof
- Make the ramification on the roof
On a saddle roof
- 1-2-story houses. Make the ramification on the ground. (If the Fognail can be reached with 1 length of narrow hose.)
- 3-story houses or higher. Make the ramification on the roof. Fix the branch firmly.
Note! Clean the filter of the Fognail after every use!
Risking too much fighting fires in the roof
At risk when fighting the fire on the roof
- Punch in the Fognail Attack at the bottom of the roof and direct the water upwards, toward the fire, as indicated above.
- You can also fight from the gables shown in the previons example.
A fire in partitions an double floors
- Fight the fire by punching many holes. It is hard to get at the fire because of the insulation in these areas.
- Shower only 3-4 seconds in each hole.
A fire in multiple layer roofs
- The fire is fought both from above and below. All the fire areas can be reached through the roof construction.
- Open the Fognails only 3-4 seconds extinguishing the small fire areas using the aforementioned predetermined intervals.
- The increased use of pieces of apparatus under pressure like aerosol cans, welding tubes and so on increase the risks for BA firefighters in factories and homes.
- If an explosion occurs the risk of personal injuries is reduced since the firefighting is done with the Fognail.
- The flow of water is controlled from the branches or from the fire engine.